Monday, 19 May 2014

Guess Whos Back ..Back again

Hey Ladies


So I am officially back after a long break from blogging for college reasons unfortunately I had to put a stop to my blogging work. However I was doing a lot of work on the sly as my procrastination from study (shh don’t tell the mother). I wanted my first post from my little break to be one that I knew ye would all find helpful and since I got countless emails about the mac lipstick dupe list asking for a brush one I thought Id spend a bit of time shopping around and looking for some of the best alternatives out there to the more pricey mac brushes and do a brush series of some sort, hey someone has to do it after all!


Mac brushes are pretty amazing in their own right however after lots of trials and comparisons I found that some of them lacked what other more affordable ones did not!! Don’t get me wrong MAC brushes are pretty to look at and it’s so tempting to build up your collection of brushes but realistically unless you’re a makeup artist you won’t need a huge amount. From my experience depending on your degree of experience and capabilities you only need a handful of brushes to be able to achieve most makeup looks. I know what it’s like though you watch you-tube tutorials and there mentioning all these brushes that you just “must have” and soon your list of brushes you want is in the 20’s and a couple of hundred euro’s worth.


So over the next few weeks I will be posting specifically about brushes, starting with my first one on the bare necessities of the basic brushes you would need to be able to achieve simple makeup looks and I’ll work my way up from there. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have a post on what each important brush is used for, because I have had a lot of ye asking me what the hell to do with all these brushes and then lastly a comparison on cheaper alternatives so you can decide which brushes suit you best for your budget and capabilities.


I will also be doing a review on the 3 naked palettes showing you swatches from each so you can decide for yourselves which one you would get the most use out of or if you’re unfortunately an eye shadow hoarder you might need all 3! I don’t recommend it and I don’t think you need all 3 by any means I was lucky to have been given the Naked 2 and 3 as gifts so it’s not too bad ha-ha. Also seeing as it is summer time and for some people that mean's time to de-fuzz after exams and layer on the tan if you’re like me and can’t tan for shit! Seriously like I get that I’m Irish and have red hair but could I not just tan a small bit instead of burning like a lobster, losing a layer of skin and ending up whiter than I was before. So in the spirit of sunshine and oompa lumpa's everywhere I will have a few reviews on tans out there that suit the paler skin tones like myself and leave the bisto gravy tans to the braver souls out there!


So Stick with me ladies over the next few weeks and I promise I will make up for my break and have some great new products and all the tips and tricks to have you looking fabulous this summer with enough money left over for an ice-cream or cocktail depending on your preference I know mine .

Till then ladies thanks for visiting, enjoy the blog,
Subscribe and share the love <3
Meghan xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment