Friday, 6 December 2013

Style in the City .. Girly Night Out



Hey Ladies 


So as some of you may know I'm currently in the middle of my Christmas exams and they haven't been fun they involved long nights fuelled by caffeine and some serious cramming... However on Wednesday I had a night off and went along to Style in the City hosted by Cotton Face Vintage a well-known vintage boutique, and super stylish fashion blogger Rebecca Casserly from Bec Boop Fashionista. 


There I am with one of the vintage blazers I bought from Cotton Face Vintage .. Love is not the word 



The night was a fundraiser for two amazing charities, firstly Jigsaw in Galway which are an organization that offer counselling and other services for mental health to young people under the age of 25 for free. The other charity was Western alziemers which offer support and care for people who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and their families. It was an amazing night sponsored by some great local businesses in Galway helping to make it a glamorous night out for everyone that attended.

BecBoop fashionista one of the Organisers and Robin 
McGonigle from Jewel Studded Grunge rocking her
shamazing new haircut.
The ever fabulous Séana Curly from Innocent Illusion























Myself ,a few other friends and some well-known bloggers were at the event, we were like kids in a candy shop at all the different stalls from Cotton face Vintage, Pia Galway , Million Dollar Secrets, Thrift shop Junkies, Peter Marks and public romance to name a few. Each store had a stall where you could shop around or get your hair and nails done; I myself spent a good chunk of my rent money on some amazing vintage pieces and a dryer hood from sleep in rollers (review on it soon). 



Peter Mark Hair Style Station, how amazing are those mirrors!!


Pia Fashion Boutique's display, as you already know I'm a huge fan of their unique
jewellery pieces I already own two and can't wait to visit the shop to get some more. 

Cotton Face Vintage's stall on the night where I purchased my new tartan blazer, Sinead
the owner really has the most amazing style and always finds great pieces for her customers 

Bespoke Headwear stand on the night.


There was a fashion show on the night also at half 7 which had outfits from stores such as Born, Swamp, Cotton Face Vintage, Public Romance and the amazing Pia Boutique in Galway. The outfits were fab I was so glad I only bought a little bit of money with me otherwise I would more than likely be homeless right now. I will however have a post soon on some of my purchases to get your opinions and see if ye like them or not.





One of the gorgeous models wearing an amazing sequin
dress from Pia boutique, I just need somewhere
to go now so I can buy it. 
The stunning Meghan Jones modelling a piece from
Thrift shop Junkies line, there's something so 1920's
about this piece.

























Myself and a few of the girls mentioned here won some great prizes from the raffle on the night to make things even better!! We had a great night and raised money for charity all in one go, I think it can be said it was worth the pain in my feet when I got home. Someone out there needs to tell me if they know of a pair of heels that don’t hurt like crazy because I certainly can't find any.

Till then ladies thanks for visiting, enjoy the blog, 
           Subscribe and share the love <3
Meghan xxx







2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh didn't realise you had a blog! I was raffle ticket girl on the night! Can't wait to see what you bought! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ticket girl that's brilliant... I should have some pics up soon I went a little crazy trust me! Do you have one too? X

    ReplyDelete